Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, New Adventures

 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

On The Best Holiday Ever, we had nothing but time.  We enjoyed time to talk, time to think, time to read, time to relax and of course, time to plot future adventures.  And we've plotted many. 

We came up with all sorts of wonderful ideas and naturally, there's a few we decided to make happen this year.

We've been making these adventures happen since Keith quit his Big Boy Job almost two and a half years ago.  It's important to us. Every day, we hear stories from friends and family of people who no longer can do what they want to do because of illness or injury.  We say, Do it Now!  Figure out a way to make it happen, and do it.  Go. Now.  While you can.  While your able.

What's in the cards for this year?  First off, I'm heading to New Zealand for a month.  I'm leaving on January 12th, my 45th birthday!  This is a Leslie trip.  Keith is busy having fun of his own at working and playing in the Caribou Mountains this winter.  I love that his work and his play have become intertwined.

I signed up for an Ultra.  I haven't been doing much racing these past couple years and I really have missed it.  Keith and I did some volunteer duty at the Mount Spokane 50k and I earned myself a race entry into any event.  I signed up for the Gorge Waterfalls 100k - it's a good excuse to make a trip back to the Columbia River Gorge.  The last time I was there, I was Wooooohoo-ing, A LOT.






And lastly, Keith surprised me with an idea that he would like to pursue.  After hearing all of my stories from the Pacific Crest Trail, he wants a taste of his own.  I will be returning to the PCT in early May with my hubby, so we can take a little walk together.  We're planning on hiking all of May and June, taking it day by day and seeing where it gets us. 

After that, we want to be home in July and August, to enjoy our amazing backyard.  There's no place I would rather be in the summer than home in Banff. 

New Year, New Adventures.  We'll see what we can dream up for the fall. 

“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic
baixar facebook , baixar facebook gratis , facebook baixar ,

Unknown said...

I think what you say on here is the best thing. Looking forward for our lives become increasingly more beautiful
return man 2 game ,return man 2 , return man ,

Friv 10 games said...

Your site is truly intriguing and motivation to numerous. I'll looking forward for a greater amount of your posts. Keep it up!
Friv10 |
Jeux de friv | friv 100
agar.io

Unknown said...

I very much agree with your comments. Your article is great. It helps me to know many things that previously I did not pay any attention to. Ask permission to share: twizl combines problem solving with spatial reasoning and logic. Can you solve all 33 challenging puzzles? advertisement. - zoxy games is the place to be for the best free online games. - y10 Free Online 2 players Games. Welcome to 2 Player Games Site the largest collection of the best and newest 2 player games.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. Please visit my website.
Friv

Friv games said...

Come to Kizi 4 school, you will have the opportunity to discover thousands of the hottest games in the world with many genres such as action games, puzzle games, strategy games, fashion games or racing games. Click now!

Cara Membersihkan Usus Besar Yang Kotor said...

Thanks for sharing information

Pengobatan Kulit Bersisik Dan Gatal
Pengobatan Untuk Mengeringkan Luka Jahitan
Obat Borok Dan Koreng Alami
Cara Alami Mengobati Ginjal Bengkak
Pengobatan Flek Paru-Paru
Cara Mengobati Luka Gangren Tanpa Amputasi