Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bluebird

There's nothing like a Bluebird day in the Rockies.  There seems to be some magical co-relation between cold temperatures and clear blue sky's in our corner of paradise.  When it's this cold, it's frequently a clear blue sky.  This morning, I was solar-powered.  It's a beautiful day!  The sun is out!  I thought to myself.  I was dressed and ready to go for my run before I checked the temps.  When I opened the front door and got a blast of Arctic coldness, I retreated with my tail between my legs to re-think my wardrobe and add a few layers.


Still, it was a beautiful day for a run.  There's nothing like running in winter to generate heat and warm-up quickly.  On this day, I had about 7 minutes of "urban" running before I hit the trails.  It was an exceptionally gorgeous day to be outside.


I love our new bridge.  It's a great addition to town and it means I can avoid people and roads and civilization altogether when I'm out for a run.  You also get great views of Banff's most famous landmarks:  Mount Rundle and Cascade Mountain.


Today I got thinking today about when and why I started this blog.  2007!  Holy Crap.  Mostly, it was to share this fantastic place with people. 

When I started trail running, my mind was getting blown by Mother Nature on a regular basis.  I never carried a camera and I was pretty focused on staying in motion.  Picking up a camera changed everything.  It slowed me down a whole lot and honed me into the art of observation.  I see a lot on my day to day runs.  I've been running around the woods and taking photos for 9 years!
























Bliss.

Despite the cold, it was a good day to commune with Nature. I'm heading off for a month in New Zealand to find some new beautiful trails.  But I love me some Banff.  It's always good to come home.

9 comments:

Jill Homer said...

Ahhhh :)

Leslie said...

Hi Jill! Your Alaska Christmas trip looked aaaaaawesome!

Barry said...

Fabulous winter photographs from Banff, Leslie. Keep running around and sharing the results with us. Have a wonderful time in New Zealand. Say hi to Helen if you pass that way and have a chance. I always look forward to your adventures. Thank you for sharing and please keep up the great work. One day I hope to meet you at the Visitor Centre.

Leslie said...

Hi Barry! Let's go for a hike together instead. Far better to socialize on the trail!

Digger said...

Hi Leslie;
I see you hooked up with Jamie McDonald! Way to go. He mentioned you on his blog a few days ago.My cousins looked after him in Wawa, Ontario.

Loola said...

the picture is very interesting, I enjoy playing with the snow.

Unknown said...

This is a great web site. Good sparkling user interface and very informative blogs. I will be coming back in a bit, thanks for the great article. I have found it enormously useful..
unblockedgames| unblocked games at school
friv 4 school| friv4school
free online games| free online games
top tetris games
monster high games| play monster high games
kizi 2| kizi

Unknown said...

Hotmail is an email account of Microsoft Corporation. Like Google's Gmail, it is full of features usually xuyen.Neu of an email you want to register an account please follow these basic steps:
Hotmail login

Hotmail review

Sign in to hotmail

Login to hotmail

Recover hotmail password

Tank Trouble is a very interesting flash game about tanks, about war and about destruction
TANK TROUBLE | TANK TROUBLE 2

One Penguin Takes it personally when he is surfing the web and stumbles upon a web site telling him that he cant fly, after that he sets his mind to research and practice flying until he can prove the world that he can..
Slitherio | LEARN TO FLY | LEARN TO FLY 2

Strike Force Heroes is a new game action-packed shooter from the creators of Raze; with 3 game modes, 15 campaign missions and over 65 weapons.
Strike Force Heroes | Strike Force Heroes 4

Strike Force Heroes 2

infotech Zone 93 said...

Top Rated, Leading Finance Assessment Company in Eugeneinment in Eugene, Lane County, Oregon

CSK Dynamic Ventures LLC in Eugene, Oregon

Contact CSK Dynamic Ventures LLC in Eugene, Oregon

Business ventures in oregon

Finance Venture Company in oregon





Infotech Zone - Best Web Design, Best Web Development, Best Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, Punjab

Top Rated Best Graphic Designing, Best Web Design, Best Web Development and Best Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, Punjab

Top Rated SEO, SMO, Web Design and Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, PunjabInfotech Zone - Best Web Design, Best Web Development, Best Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, Punjab