Monday, December 23, 2013

The Streak Give-eth!

This December, I have run every day in my beautiful backyard.  The Streak, was used as a simple motivational tool for me to get outside every day and get some exercise.  Everyday, I went for my run and took a few photos and posted them on Facebook.  Well.

It's been so much more than that!

The Streak reminded me of the importance of a few things in my world.


Banff is Beautiful.  How lucky am I to be living and running in this place?


Nature Rules:  I saw cougar prints, an owl, herds of elk, ravens, coyote prints, moose prints and shy deer. One day, a chickadee landed on my hand.  I ran through wind, blizzards, snow, cold and sunshine.  It was Awesome.


Everyday, nature changes.  The same places look different throughout different times of the day.


Winter is incredibly beautiful.


Getting outside is even more important in winter.  Just go. Don't wait for the weather. 


I really love to run.  Consistency is crucial to your success with anything you do.  Consistency is key to my running. 


I'm stronger than I thought.



Ice is beautiful.


It's important for me to connect with Mother Nature on a daily basis.


I really like to stop and enjoy the view.  A lot.


I'm definitely solar-powered.  I never, ever want to miss getting outside on a clear, sunny day.


You can have an entire conversation with a raven.  If you're lucky, they will talk back.


I love having the Sulphur Mountain Trail out my backdoor!  This trail rocks in winter.


Getting outside makes you feel happy and healthy.


I need both solitude and sociability.  Because I tend to prefer solitude, interaction with like-minded folks is crucial and fun!


6 comments:

Mary said...

so beautiful! I will get there someday! Is that lookout staffed in summer? Do they need anyone to work there?!

Leslie said...

Wacky fact: it's a Cosmic Ray Station! And National Historic Sight!

http://www.pc.gc.ca/docs/v-g/pm-mp/lhn-nhs/cosmic_e.asp

wirehairedrunner said...

Thanks for the daily, Leslie. Just curious: what brand are your traction devices?

Leslie said...

I use Kahtoola Microspikes when I'm running around the woods in my underpants. Safety first! ;)

Barry said...

Outstanding winter images, Leslie. Kudos on your daily running initiative. Personally, I always welcome December 21 when the days begin to lengthen again but a couple of hours on snow, in sun, is a miracle cure for winter doldrums. Press on!

Nepal Trekking said...

Trekking in Nepal with Acute Trek Pvt. Ltd. an indoor outdoor trekking and tours operative company takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable adventure that you have been dream with Acute Trek is your part of choice. Treks Himalaya Hiking in Nepal Adventure Trekking in Nepal Trekking in Himalaya Nepal Tour Nepal Travel Holiday Travel Holiday in Nepal Hiking in Nepal Trek in Nepal Nepal Holiday Annapurna Trekking Everest Trekking Langtang Trekking Peak Climbing in Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek Annapurna Base Camp Trek Upper Mustang Trekking Helicopter Tour in Nepal Nepal Helicopter Tour Hiking in Nepal Kathmandu Pokhra Tour Peak Climbing in Nepal Nepal Peak Climbing Nepal Peak Climbing Tea House Trek in Nepal High Pass Trekking in Nepal Everest Helicopter Trekking Island Peak Climbing Hiking in Nepal Holiday in Nepal Holiday Hiking Nepal Hiking Nepal Hiking Holiday Hiking Tours in Nepal Holiday Hiking Tours