Sunday, April 26, 2009

Embracing Winter

When you live in Banff and winter is long, you need to do one thing: Embrace Winter!! We have another month of it and the ski touring is great this time of year. With the additional day light in the day, I'm hoping to sneak out for a few evening tours. I'll see if I can make it happen. We had an exceptional day out and about.

Keith and the Big Mountain

Me and Secret Agent, John Gow - International Man of Mystery

John, making some turns.

Keith and The Monarch


Hill Training.

Oh, yeah.

Reward.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

If forget that it is still winter in some places. It was 90 degrees here to day.

Danni said...

Those are such great pictures. And you would be proud of how much better I am at "skiing" than last time you saw me.

Hone said...

You guys still have a ton of snow. I would would have to go up really high to find that stuff up here.

Looks like your recovery from the Diablo is going well. Keep on living life like there is no tomorrow.

Leslie's Keith said...

The 'ton' of snow IS really high...town is clear of snow, and it's spring...these pics were taken in the 'high country'...from about 7000 ft and up. (but it's only a 15 minute drive from here...

Back for more today!! Yay! (It snowed up high again!)

Keith

Journey to a Centum said...

Look at you guys getting high altitude training and enjoying all the beauty that the Banff area has to offer.

Great form carving a path down the Mountain. I prefer to go straight down because I've discovered that turning gives you control and slows you down. Probably the reason I don't ski anymore. :-)

Norma tells me she's holding a picture of you hostage that was taken in the land down under. I can only imagine....

Keep on keeping on!

Gary Robbins said...

I just had a friend visit from Banff and it was funny to hear her say that she had not seen rain in almost six months!!
No other choice but to embrace it, as we all know, it's a magical place that Banff:)
GR

Deanna Stoppler said...

Fun times sister! Love those turns.