Sunday, August 24, 2008

Greetings from Buena Vista!

How often do you get stuck in traffic in a Buffalo traffic jam? Meghan says this is normal in Yellowstone....so check out this bad boy!

Just drivin' through Yellowstone....

Yep, I'm Trail Trash.



Riding the Jackelope.....


Meghan helps tame the beast....


God bless America!

Well, I wasn't planning on blogging while I was away at the TransRockies run but, hey my hubby brought along the technology so here I am!


We enjoyed a fantastic roadtrip from Banff to Yellowstone and then from Yellowstone to Colorado - and what can I say? I love this country! I looooooooove it! I love the roads and space and ever evolving scenery. I love to just sit back and enjoy the changing sky and landscape. And the company was pretty awesome too!! The lovely Meghan is as fantastic as I knew she would because I am an extremely good judge of character. Hee-hee. Keith of course, kept us entertained by talking for hours and hours and hours. The man can talk when enhanced by caffeinated beverages!


Anyhow, we have arrived in Buena Vista and will start the running tomorrow! At registration, we were blown away with the quality of our nice shiny new bags and the gear we got. Great swag. As an extra bonus we were treated to a real yummy welcome dinner and met up with lots of familiar faces and some new ones from blog world. I am even more excited now and ready to run. Those TransRockies folks sure know how to do it up right!

Off to ride that crazy Jackelope. Did I mention I love this country?

18 comments:

Sarah Elaine said...

Love those photos! Great post.

Bryon Powell said...

Leslie,
The fastest blogger in the West... now if we could only find her some underwear.

Jamie Anderson said...

You should have rode the buffalo. Hee hee. Man, he is huuuuuge!

Journey to a Centum said...

Ride em' cowgirl!

Backofpack said...

Have fun Leslieeeeeee!!!!!

CoyoteGirl said...

Yeeeehaaaw!

Mike said...

Geez, You're having a blast and the race hasn't even started yet! (well it has now but you know what I mean)
Hope you have an awesome week.
Keep up the posts for us suckers back home. It's raining again by the way...

Leslie's Keith said...

Quick note to anyone looking...

Leslie and Meghan are having a great time at "Summer Camp" and are sorry they are too busy with happy camper activities (flirting with camp boys, etc)...to write their required letters home...

They promise to update everyone when they return...

Keith
Camp Councellor

Gary Robbins said...

Good luck down there, looks like a super competitive field this year!!
GR

Journey to a Centum said...

Result are up for stage 2. You two look to be in the mix but need to make up some time on the long hauls.
Go get em!

Eric

Journey to a Centum said...

Forth place after 5 stages! Only 25 min to make up on third place. It's HAMMER TIME at mile 10 of stage 6!

Go team trail trash, go team trail trash, go team trail trash!

Journey to a Centum said...

OK, I'm a dumb ass, I don't seem to be tracking well today. Soooooo...4th place after four stages. Just a little stage 5 11,500 ft. Mt. to climb before you get to stage 6 and the mile 10 hammer time! Plenty of opportunity to make those runners ahead of you stare at your backsides as you pass them!

Good luck!

Deanna Stoppler said...

you gals are goof balls! love it!

Journey to a Centum said...

You two totally kicked arse on leg 5! Nice work! The plan is coming together! Woo Hooo!

Eric

JeffO said...

Hey, nice meeting you, Meghan, and Keith! Keith is a riot! not a dull moment, for sure!
Hope you end up doing very well and have tons of fun.

saschasdad said...

Um, what exactly is Meghan doing to that poor jackalope?

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys over the week, Leslie. You're pretty cool...for Canadians. Eh!? :):)

Leslie said...

Thanks for the well wishes, y'all!
We had good times-good times. Race report coming soon!

Leslie

Leslie said...

Goat-
It is true, somehow, somewhere I have lost my Disco Queen Party Panties. I need to find a replacement. Quick. It's drafty.