Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nipika Race Report

Geez, I have had such an action packed weekend that it is Tuesday and I am playing "blog catch up!"

Between Friday's misadventure and run at Emerald Lake, Saturday's race at Nipika, Sunday's run up Sulphur Mountain, being stalked, charged and pinned by a crazed female elk on the same run (story to come soon!), going to a wedding on the shore of Two Jack Lake Sunday afternoon with a reception and overnighter at Storm Mountain Lodge, I am behind on life and blogging. And finally, after an entire winter of being healthy and training for Miwok without getting sick, surprise-surprise, I woke up this morning with sniffle-itis. Sniff-sniff.

So, as I get organised and try and find some time I will leave you with my friend Hollys' Race Report and photos on our quality time at the Nipika resort.

http://mrslopes.blogspot.com/

Nipika is on the border of Kootenay National Park about an hour and a quarter drive from Banff and it is magical. I commited to running a half marathon on trail with my favorite boy in the world, my husband Keith and was also joined by my friend Holly which just made the day even better!! I ran around in the woods and took a ridiculous amount of photos of which Holly has posted a few. Enjoy!


Leslie

6 comments:

Dave - Atlanta Trails said...

You were PINNED by an elk?!? That should be one heck of a blog post!

Backofpack said...

No, no, no! You can't slip in a comment like "pinned by an elk" then not tell us the story. That's just mean.

Backofpack said...

No, no, no! You can't slip in a comment like "pinned by an elk" then not tell us the story. That's just mean.

Leslie said...

Elk story forthcoming....and I mean pinned behind a tree! A standoff! Drama! Terror!

to be cont....

Meghan said...

Oh noes! Tell soon! I'm glad you're alright. Those female elk are feisty right now with their tiny calves!

Meghan

nesees said...

go to this website other that site content great post to read Dolabuy Fendi